Commission Terms of Service
This document describes the terms and conditions that the commissioner shall accept before the drawing process begins. Please read it 🙂
By commissioning me you agree to the terms and conditions in this document. If you have any questions please contact me.
”I”, ”me”, or ”the artist” refers to me the artist, (Andreas Teodorsson, ”dhjarven”/”hingst”/”A.T.”/”teodorsson”/”drakavaara”.
”The commissioner” or ”the customer” refers to the customer, he or she who orders an artwork to be drawn.
- General Terms
- I have the right to deny, disregard or refuse any commission request.
- Accepted commissions which are in the making may be cancelled or aborted at any time (I’ll try my best to avoid this ever happening). A notice will be sent to the customer, and a full refund regarding the commission will be carried out.
- Unwanted behaviour from the customer, such as rudeness, racism or lack of communication, or unpaid invoices or similar may lead to a cancellation of the commission, with or without a refund depending on the state of the drawing process.
- If possible, please provide a detailed description of what you want me to draw, or better, a picture/drawing.
- The customer shall be contactable in an easy way, either by email, Private Messages (PM) on Furaffinity, DeviantArt or ArtStation, or on instant messengers such as Signal or Matrix/Element. The preferred way of communication will be decided between me and the customer before the commission is accepted.
- The terms and conditions in this document may change at any time. Changes only apply to new commissions (commissions coming in after the change has been made).
- I’ll try my best to complete the drawing within two weeks after the drawing process has begun. If I don’t have time to finish a commission in the given time period the customer will be contacted to discuss further actions, such as partial refunds or postponed deadlines.
- Payment for the commission shall be done with Stripe through my web shop, or for Swedish residents payment may be done through Swish or direct bank transfer (faktura, to SEB).
- All payments are done in SEK (Swedish Crowns), but the prices are listen in either SEK or Euro.
- The customer pays fully after the initial sketch has been approved.
- Drawing Process
- One or several sketches (WIP:s) will be sent to the customer during the initial drawing process for comments and opinions on the piece, such as pose, lightning, colours (if applicable) etc.
- Before and during the sketching phase the customer may at any time ask me to add, remove or change things in the drawing.
- The customer shall approve the sketch and send full payment to me before I continue with the rest of the process.
- When the drawing is roughly halfway done, the customer is given a draft, and can then request changes to the drawing. After this stage no large changes will be made.
- The customer may at any time view the progress of the commission by asking me.
- At the end stages of the drawing, only small changes may be done to the drawing.
- When the drawing is complete the customer will be contacted, and the piece will be sent with the preferred way of communication after payment has been received.
- Customer Satisfaction
- If the customer is dissatisfied with the drawing, either after completion or during the process, he or she may request changes to the drawing. Larger changes may come with an additional fee if the drawing is more than past the ”halfway done” phase.
- Cancellations & Refunds
- The customer may cancel the commission at any time. The payment will be refunded, minus the cost of the work already made on the drawing.
- License, Rights & Copyright
- I retain full rights to the work, while the commissioner is allowed to do anything and everything with it, excluding use in/as NFTs or similar cryptocurrency-related purposes.
- The customer is not allowed to claim my artwork as their own creation, and must state that I’m the artist where applicable.
- I will not draw copyright protected characters, scenes, objects or similar unless permission has been given to me by the owner(s) of the subject(s). The license which these drawings are released under is discussed and decided with the customer and the owner(s) of the copyrighted material. It is up to the commissioner to check that e.g. all subjects and sceneries are not under copyright or similar. The commissioner takes full responsibility for all commissioned work. I shall under no circumstances be held responsible for copyright claims, disputes or similar. Any fees or charges against me related to e.g. copyright violations shall be paid by the commissioner.
Questions? Contact me!
Version 1.1, 2022-08-02